What is the Third Eye?
The Third Eye is a pine cone-shaped, pea-sized pineal gland that is located in the vertebrate brain near the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland.
This gland is also known as the third eye and is associated as a revered tool of seers and mystics, highly considered to be the organ of universal connection. The third eye is significantly part of Ancient culture in almost every part of the world. In Ayurvedic philosophy, Ajna chakra represents the third eye in Ancient Egypt with a symbol of the Eye of Horus, mirroring the pineal gland placement in the human head. Since the third eye is represented as an organ of universal connection, this means it is connected to clarity, concentration, imagination, and intuition.
The Biology of the Third Eye
The third eye is the pineal gland, and biologically speaking, this gland produces melatonin. The function of melatonin is to control circadian rhythms as well as reproductive hormones.
The pineal gland regulates time which affects our sleeping patterns and also regulates hormones necessary for sexual maturation.
This third eye activates when exposed to light, and has several biological functions in controlling the biorhythms of the body. It functions alongside the hypothalamus gland which is responsible for directing the body’s thirst, hunger, sexual activity, and biological clock determining our aging process.
The Significance of the Third Eye
The third eye is the organ for supreme universal connection. It is the doorway to all things that are psychic such as telepathy, clairvoyance, lucid dreaming, and astral projection.
FREE 6 PART MEDITATION MINI TRAINING
When the third eye becomes activated the illusion of separation of the self, and the spirit is dissolved. There are metaphysical ways connected to an activated third eye such as being awake within a dream, and the ability to walk between reality and limitations of human existence.
Why Do You Need To Awaken The Third Eye?
The Third Eye must be awakened because if it is blocked, it often leads to confusion, uncertainty, cynicism, jealousy, and pessimism- which are all negative feelings and emotions. The highest source of ethereal energy can only enter through an open and vibrant third eye. The naked, physical eyes see and perceive the world, but the third eye sees beyond the realm, the true world, a unified whole connected to spirit. An open third eye brings clarity, concentration, perspicuity, bliss, intuition, decisiveness, and insight. Lucid dreaming, astral projection, sleep quality, enhanced imagination, and aura viewing are all linked to the third eye or the Ajna chakra.
What is Calcification and How Does It Occur?
Calcification is the building up of calcium phosphate crystals in various parts of the body. This happens when toxins such as fluoride, hormones, additives, sugars, and artificial sweeteners are taken regularly which are all part of some everyday products. The calcification of the pineal gland also occurs when the third eye is not used, or when one has a regular diet rich in fluoride and calcium.
Several everyday practices such as using cell phones also affect the pineal gland. The radiation and electric and magnetic fields can adversely affect the pineal gland. Some conspiracy theories believe that mass media campaigns the active use of fluoride and calcium and are highly motivated by government control programs.
Celebrate the Third Eye
Pineal glands exist in almost all animals and are often larger than that of the human. This gland is responsible for instinctual knowledge. Even when sometimes the pineal gland is neglected or decalcified, it is still very important that you celebrate the existence of your pineal gland. You can activate this by merely sending gratitude for the intuitive abilities that you have as well as your connection to nature by which your pineal glands direct your circadian rhythms.
You can consciously activate your third eye for 10 minutes every day through prayer, meditation, chanting, dance, or even yoga.
SIX WAYS TO AWAKEN YOUR THIRD EYE OR AJNA CHAKRA
1. Avoid fluoride: Make sure that your water is healthy and fluoride-free. Tap water is a source of fluoride, and fluoride contributes much to the calcification of the pineal gland. Toothpaste is also another popular source of fluoride. Inorganic products and artificial drinks made with impure water also carry a high source of fluoride. Use water filters to your sink and shower faucets.
2. Dietary supplement: There is a long list of supplements that support and detoxify the third eye. That list includes raw cacao, goji berries, garlic, lemons, watermelon, bananas, honey, coconut oil, hemp seeds, cilantro, seaweed, honey, chlorella, spirulina, blue-green algae, raw apple cider vinegar, zeolite, ginseng, borax, Vitamin D3, bentonite clay, and chlorophyll. These ingredients all aid in the purification of the pineal gland.
3. Essential oils: Essential oils not just provide aromatic therapy but also stimulate and facilitate the pineal gland for spiritual awareness. Essential oils include lavender, sandalwood, frankincense, parsley, and pine. There are many ways you can use essential oils such as inhaling directly, adding to body oil, burning in a diffuser, or adding to bath water.
4. Sungazing: There is no denying how powerful the sun is. For the first few minutes of sunrise and the last few minutes of sunset, spend some time gazing gently at the sun as this boosts your pineal gland.
5. Meditation and chanting: When we meditate with real intent, our pineal gland is activated. To do so, visualize the decalcification of the pineal gland and its sacred nature illuminating and directly connecting to the source. Chanting, on the other hand, resonates with the tetrahedron bone in the nose which in turn stimulates the pineal gland. Try chanting |AUM|, the sound of the universe, at least 108 times a day.
6. Make use of crystals and stones: Crystals are influential in awakening the third eye. The color associated with the third eye is purple, so a palette of purple, indigo, and violet is ideal. This color palette awakens, balances, aligns, and nurtures the third eye. The stones you can try are amethyst, purple sapphire, purple violet tourmaline, rhodonite, and sodalite. During meditation, you can place the crystal or gemstone between and slightly above your brows.
Intuition is Power
As soon as you start working with your third eye, you will soon begin to receive messages and visions. Follow your intuition and strive hard and be courageous to follow through with what your intuition offers. Your third eye will strengthen as you do so.